by Sharon Jeffs
Coupon Envelope BookI made this book for storing coupons using envelopes, coordinations card stock, and distress inks reinkers with an oldie but goodie technique! Here are the step-by-step instructions for making your own book.
- Cut the brown CoreDinations card into a strip that measures 4 ½ inches by 12 inches. Score fold lines at the following points from the right edge –
- 2 inches
- 2 1/8 inches
- 8 ½ inches
- 8 5/8 inches
- Fold along scores to create book cover.
- Using the envelopes, open the top flap of each and lie them down flat. Adhere the flap to the underside base of the next envelope so that you have a long line of pockets running down it. Accordion-style fold them together.
- Adhere the back of the last pocket onto the cover. Cut the green CoreDinations card to a rectangle measuring 4 ½ inches by 6 3/8 inches. Adhere this to the top of the envelope stack.
- Fold closed the cover and adhere a length of ribbon along the back and sides of the cover. This will be used to tie the book closed.
Fill a cup with approximately 1 Tablespoon of dish detergent, 1 teaspoon of water and 3 measures of the Peeled Paint ink. I measured my ink with the bottle top applicator and therefore used 3 lots of this.
Use a straw and blow into the solution until bubbles appear over the top of the cup.
- Lay white card piece over the top of the bubbles, allowing the bubbles to touch the card. Pull up and pop any attached bubbles, leaving an ink residue.
- Continue in this manner until the whole card has been coated in a bubble texture. Allow to dry then trim to 4 ¼ inches by 6 1/8 inches.
- Choose one of the Autumn Leaves flourishes and ink with the Black Stazon pad. Stamp along the edge of the bubble textured card.
Using the silver stamp pad and one of the Chandelier stamps, stamp and emboss with silver embossing powder, a Chandelier onto the bubble textured card.
Ensure you dab the entire surface with a static pad before beginning otherwise the bubble texture will also pick up embossing powder.
On a spare piece of the white card, stamp the large label with Black Stazon ink. Apply a drop of the Mustard Seed and the Fired Brick reinkers to a piece of glass. Using a paintbrush and water, colour in the flourishes on the frame.
I did mine by beginning with pure ink at the ends of the flourishes and as I progressed along, added more water to dilute the colour. By doing the same thing with both colours, I got a strong gradient effect.
- Cut out and attach over one side of the Chandelier using Foam mounting square
Adhere this whole piece to the centre of the Green CoreDinations piece on the top of the envelopes. Add a title using the Thickers alphabet stickers.
I also chose to print and punch out additional letters to form a second line for my title.